These are entries from my journal that I endeavour to consciously follow/ practice and I share them in the hope that they resonate with you. Here’s my first listicle on WP :
1. Life owes you zilch. You owe yourself everything.
2. Remember your roots. They speak volumes about why you are the way you are.
3. Run away from toxicity. Avoid it like the plague.
4. A therapist and a hundred self-help books, podcasts and films can’t change your life. You can.
5. The only way to find out if a technique, a habit or a piece of advice works, is to implement it.
6. Be you in every situation.
7. If being you doesn’t sound appealing, become a better you.
8. If you keep fighting losing battles, you won’t have any resources left for the ones you can actually win.
9. It is okay to have bad days, bad weeks and even bad months. What is not okay is denying that’s how you feel.
10. Emotional blackmail gets you nowhere.
11. For every reason there is to lie, there is a better reason, to tell the truth.
12. To identify the truly trivial, ask yourself if a bad experience is going to matter in a week, in a month and in a year.
13. Everyone’s path is different and equally important.
14. But, it helps to remember that you have it better than so many others.
15. Equality is a conscious choice. Practise it every day. Don’t be ageist, racist, sexist, homophobic etc. Inegalitarianism looks good, said no one ever.
16. Care enough to extend a helping hand.
17. It’s so easy to break someone. Try keeping them whole.
18. Being ‘manly’ is more about manning up to your flaws and being a man of your word, than any cultural stereotype.
19. If working at what you love is draining, reconsider it.
20. If you keep making excuses to postpone what you say you want, maybe you don’t want it all that bad.
Feel free to add to the list …
Copyright © Roshni Ramanan