Here are some urgent questions for the self that could prove to be life changing:
1. What are my White (inflexible to-die-for), Black (couldn’t-care-less) and Grey (totally context dependent) morals or principles? This is an amazing compass to navigate life with and choose your social circle.
2. Would this event even matter to me in five weeks, five days and five years? This helps you survive when you’re dealt a bad hand and keeps you humble when you’re on top of your game.
3. Who/ what triggers the worst side of me? This helps you address your insecurities and declutter any toxicity.
4. Have I truly done everything in my power to make this (insert goal) work? What if this was a matter of life/ death? This removes your excuses aka your biggest obstacle.
5. If I lose my wealth and social standing tomorrow due to a false rumour, who will stand by my side? This helps you treasure your core support group.
6. If I could improve only one impactful aspect of my life, which one would it be? This helps you solely focus on the weakest link.
7. What is one area through which I can change the world in a small, significant way? This helps you zero in on your larger purpose, the source of your social contribution.
8. If I’d one week/ one day/ one hour left, what would I do that I haven’t done yet? This is a game changer as it can lead you to bridge broken relationships, dive into novel experiences and check off your bucket list.
9. If I’ve one message for the world, what would it be? You can uncover the belief that is closest to your heart.
10. What would I name my memoir? This reveals how you perceive your journey, in sum, or how you want the world to perceive your life.
11. What are some commonly agreed upon rules that I just can’t wrap my head around? You can identify the disparity between your real self and social self, and reduce conformity, in case you’re succumbing to social expectations that don’t work for you.
12. Does this limit me or liberate me? This is extremely useful when applied to people, circumstances and choices.
13. Do I look forward to waking up every morning? If you’re dreading every day, it might be time for a complete makeover.
14. What are the three thoughts/ attributes/ life incidents that I’d never want the world to know about me? This helps you explore your unconscious fears and conflicts, embrace your dark side and resolve feelings of shame and guilt.
15. If you’d unlimited resources, funds and energy, what would you do? There, you just discovered your true calling.
Good luck, everyone 🙂
Copyright © Roshni Ramanan